Secondary School Transfer
Please find some useful information for Year 6 parents who are starting to investigate the process around transferring to Secondary School.
This summary of key information should be read in conjunction with the Admission to Kingston‘s Secondary Schools brochure, available on the Council’s website at www.kingston.gov.uk
School Open Evenings/Days
These tend to start at the end of September the year before transfer.
31 October - Application forms and any supplementary information forms must be submitted by this date, the year before transfer.
National Offer Day
Parents will be sent the outcome of their application by email during the evening of 1 March. If an application is made in paper form, the outcome of the application will be sent by first class post on 1 March.
Parents must accept or decline offers by 15 March, either through the eAdmissions system if applied online, or on the reply slip if applied on paper.
The Application Process
- It is recommended that all parents read the complete Admissions to Kingston's Secondary Schools Brochure online here.
- Apply online at www.eAdmissions.org.uk
- Applications will be managed by the Council's School Admissions service of the family's home borough(eg is you live in the Royal borough of Kingston, this is your home council)
- Applications can be made for up to six schools, academies or free schools (state-funded schools) in the Kingston Borough and in other council areas
- Schools must be listed in order of preference, which will decide which school is offered if a child qualifies for a place at more than one school
- each school considers a child's application against its admission criteria only and not according to an order of preference
- The order of preference in which parents list school is confidential. Schools are not told the order in which they have been listed
- parents should check if it is necessary to complete a supplementary information form for the schools for which they are applying. If the school is outside Kingston Borough, please refer to the relevant local authority or contact the school (contact details for neighbouring authorities an be found in the Admissions brochure)
- For more details on a school's admission criteria, please refer to the school's own website
All of the above points are covered in the Admission to Kingston's Secondary School brochure in a step by step guide which can be found on the Kingston website http://www.kingston.gov.uk
If any additional support or advice is required, parents can contact School Admissions on 020 8547 4610.
Phone lines are open on Monday to Friday from 8.45am to 2.30pm and between 4.00 and 5.00pm (4.45pm on Friday).
|Choosing a Secondary School|
St Agatha's is a feeder school for boys' school Richard Challoner.
Other schools that St Agatha's children have transferred to in the last 3 years, include the following:
|Catholic Secondary Schools|
|Wimbledon College||The Holy Cross School||St Richard Reynolds|
|The London Oratory||Ursuline High School|
|Gumley House Convent|
|Other Secondary Schools|
|Tiffin School||The Tiffin Girls' School||The Kingston Academy|
|Coombe Boys' School||Coombe Girls' School||Teddington School|
|Grey Court School|