Welcome to the School Council Page - where our student voice is shared and heard.
We have very recently elected this year's School Council, voting for one person per class. Interestingly, since we eliminated the rule of it being one boy and one girl from each class we have found that it has mostly been girls that have been elected! We wonder that if one day soon our own Houses of Parliament will mirror this trend?
We would like to introduce to you the newly elected St Agathas' School Council 2020-2021!
|Year 6||Flamingos - Letty||Pelicans - Hanna|
|Year 5||Swans - Lucy D||Herons - Siabh|
|Year 4||Eagles - Lola||Kestrels - Zoe|
|Year 3||Swifts - Lauren||Swallows - Andrei|
|Year 2||Kingfishers - Ines||Doves - Seren|
The council's first job has been to choose between some charities to support this term. We held a vote with our classes about whether we would like a mufti day in aid of 'Save the children' or 'Children in Need'. As a result of this, we will be having a Christmas Jumper Day on Friday 11th December!
We are currently collating lots of ideas from all our different bubbles about how we can make school life better. We hope to update you soon.
This month, the school council have been gathering feedback from their classes and have shared a variety of interesting ideas for school improvements to Mrs Cahill and her team. More discussion is needed, but some of their lovely ideas might be underway in the next few weeks.
We are delighted to share that there have been some new additions to our playground. With thanks to the School Council and the sports ambassadors of 2019-20 for collating ideas and lobbying Mrs Cahill, we now have two table tennis tables installed. We hope to get class rotas for these up and running once COVID restrictions are lifted.
A few reminders:
On Friday 11th December, children are invited to show their support for Save the Children's Christmas Jumper Day by wearing a Christmas jumper instead of their school uniform jumper or cardigan.
Friday 11th will also be the last day that the children can bring Christmas cards into school to give to their friends. They can post them into their class post boxes where they will be left over the weekend and handed out late the following week.
School Council - Main Events / Recent History
In 2017 our structure was 1 boy and 1 girl from each class but in 2018 we changed that to one child of either gender as we realised that in the 'real' world we vote for who we think will be the best regardless of if they are a boy or a girl!
Over the last few years our group have had some really interesting experiences:
• Visiting the Houses of Parliament.
• Mayoral / crown court Service at All Saints.
• Helping to chose the winners of the school poster litter picking competition.
• Receiving our MP (2018) Mr Zac Goldsmith as a visitor to the School.
• Providing feedback to the school leaders and governors about lunches, playtime sports and learning.
• Arranging an Introduction to UK Parliament Assembly for the whole school.
• Working with the NSPCC on the speak out stay safe campaign.
• Creating a film reel on ‘Respecting school property’ ; written and presented at assembly by the School Council.
• Designing the St Agatha's 125th birthday menu and helping decide on special feast day workshops for the whole school.