St Agatha’s Catholic Primary School is an inclusive school serving the local community since 1895. We welcome families from all faiths and countries and we create a close-knit community that works together.
At St Agatha’s we believe that all children thrive in an environment in which they are happy, challenged and secure: happy in the knowledge they are each appreciated for their individuality and their achievements, challenged to achieve their best and secure in the knowledge they are safe and cared for.
- We have high expectations of all our children in every aspect of school life.
- We enable them each to achieve their potential through high standards of behaviour and outstanding learning experiences.
- We aim to develop skills for life and independence, recognising their individual responsibility as a member of our learning community.
- We encourage self-confidence and nurture core moral values based upon the teachings of Jesus Christ.
We provide an environment that is stimulating and exciting with learning opportunities inside and outside the classroom, and work in close partnership with parents and carers, who play a vital role in the education of their children.
Our vision remains rooted in our mission statement and our Christian faith, which is central to every part of our lives – from the way we treat each other, how we look for every day opportunities to help those in need, and in the example we give to those we meet.
Why don’t you call us to organise a visit? We would love to show you our school. Everyone is welcome!
Mrs Elizabeth Cahill
- In 2020 we celebrated our 125th Anniversary (the school first opened on 11th January 1895).
|St Agatha's was ranked 184 in the Top 250 State Primary Schools in England, featured in the Sunday Times.
"Schools are ranked by the aggregated average scaled scores achieved by children in reading, grammar and maths from SATs . Where scores are tied, the number of pupils achieving these results is used as a separator"
November 2020 - The Sunday Times List