The life of St Agatha’s School is centred on our Catholic faith, in which we proclaim the Gospel values such as love, peace and justice, which influence all our activities and relationships.
We value and encourage the uniqueness of each child and recognise that everyone has a positive contribution to make to the life of the school community.
We value worshipping and celebrating together, sharing our Christian witness and building upon the foundations already established at home where parents are the first educators of their children.
We aim to:
- Encourage the spiritual development and prayer life of each child and help them to develop their relationship with God
- Offer a place where differences and problems are talked through and prayed through together and where success is shared and celebrated
- Provide a secure and happy environment where quality teaching and learning can take place
- Deliver a curriculum that meets the intellectual, physical and creative needs of each child as well as delivering spiritual, emotional and pastoral care
- Foster respect for, and recognise the rights of, others regardless of gender, race or ability and to offer equal opportunities to all
- Value the contribution of home, school, parish, community and diocese in our daily lives
WHAT WE ARE IS GOD'S GIFT TO US
WHAT WE BECOME IS OUR GIFT TO GOD
Reflecting on School Values
We would all agree that we want out children to grow up with good values, morals, and ethics. We also know that values need to be both modelled to children and taught explicitly. Throughout this school year we will be spending time thinking carefully about the values that are important to us at St Agatha's School.